Sign in to follow this  
Charmain_Vaughn

Parelli War

If I said it once, I said it a thousand times... the reason pp incites so much debate is because of the rhetoric that he and Linda put out there. They not only show you how to train horses, they also tell you what is wrong with all the other ways! Then their 'students/followers/groupies' come onto the BB's and repeat what they have said...ie 'mindless lungeing'. While the other NH trainers don't do that-they simply show you what THEY do and how they do it, and what works for them, without all the rhetoric. That's JMHO [Wink]

If I said it once, I said it a thousand times... the reason pp incites so much debate is because of the rhetoric that he and Linda put out there. They not only show you how to train horses, they also tell you what is wrong with all the other ways! Then their 'students/followers/groupies' come onto the BB's and repeat what they have said...ie 'mindless lungeing'. While the other NH trainers don't do that-they simply show you what THEY do and how they do it, and what works for them, without all the rhetoric. That's JMHO [Wink]

If you want to seriously discuss and/or learn about Parelli, trust me, this is not the place to do it. The squeaky, Parelli-hating wheel does not get greased here and keeps on squeakin. If you like a little drama and enjoy watching people make fools of themselves with the written word and leaving evidence of such for posterity, it can be quite entertaining.

If you really want to immerse yourself in all things Parelli, just google him, and once you weed out the Parelli bashing venues, you'll find those that discuss his methods in depth. There are some really good ones out there.

If you want to seriously discuss and/or learn about Parelli, trust me, this is not the place to do it. The squeaky, Parelli-hating wheel does not get greased here and keeps on squeakin. If you like a little drama and enjoy watching people make fools of themselves with the written word and leaving evidence of such for posterity, it can be quite entertaining.

If you really want to immerse yourself in all things Parelli, just google him, and once you weed out the Parelli bashing venues, you'll find those that discuss his methods in depth. There are some really good ones out there.

quote:

Originally posted by screaminghawk2000:

Giving educated opinions about other trainers that are NOT Parelli and disagreeing with people who use parelli does not make people fools. But posting in the manner you just have...does.

It's ok to disagree, it's great to debate. But bashing others is not how it's done.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

quote:

Originally posted by screaminghawk2000:

Giving educated opinions about other trainers that are NOT Parelli and disagreeing with people who use parelli does not make people fools. But posting in the manner you just have...does.

It's ok to disagree, it's great to debate. But bashing others is not how it's done.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

I apologize for not reading all the posts.

I have watched Parelli on RFDTV and have taken in some stuff that I thought was good. Would I ever go train with him? Maybe.

I have also watched Dennis Reid, Clinton Anderson and such, and came to the conclusion that their training methods are about the same.

Clinton Anderson being a little different as he is more direct, but still the same concept!

Basically, what I have taken in is that it is all common sense. It just matters if you have the time to devote to your horses on a daily basis.

I am not pro or con on any of the trainers, they have all paid their dues to bring them to where they are!

[smiley Wavey]

Ohh pleazzzzzzz people, can we not get outta this? I am in no way tryin to be mean and please forgive me if I come off that way as that is not my intention.

Some people like parelli some don't, some people like CA some don't, what does it matter?

Why are some people on here so darn Heck bent on making other people see everything "their" way?

Every trainer has their good points and every trainer has their bad points, to every individual!!!If one way works for someone and their horse then GREAT! But just because it worked for them doesn't mean the next person will apply the techniques the same exact way and acheive the same exact results, does that make it bad or wrong, of course not, everyone is different and every horse is different and every situation is different wich I think is what makes the world go round. I like knowing that there is always something else out there that I havent learned( keeps me interested). We are all individuals, and no matter how long the trainer debate goes on it will stay that way, we are individuals and as such we all take things in a different perspective.

I love a good debate as well as the next person, as long as it is productive, and I'm sorry but this debate has left the productive stage a couple of posts ago and has just become redundant. Again I apologize if I am outta line in saying any of that but I just had to put it out there, I hope I was not being rude [Wink]

I apologize for not reading all the posts.

I have watched Parelli on RFDTV and have taken in some stuff that I thought was good. Would I ever go train with him? Maybe.

I have also watched Dennis Reid, Clinton Anderson and such, and came to the conclusion that their training methods are about the same.

Clinton Anderson being a little different as he is more direct, but still the same concept!

Basically, what I have taken in is that it is all common sense. It just matters if you have the time to devote to your horses on a daily basis.

I am not pro or con on any of the trainers, they have all paid their dues to bring them to where they are!

[smiley Wavey]

Ohh pleazzzzzzz people, can we not get outta this? I am in no way tryin to be mean and please forgive me if I come off that way as that is not my intention.

Some people like parelli some don't, some people like CA some don't, what does it matter?

Why are some people on here so darn Heck bent on making other people see everything "their" way?

Every trainer has their good points and every trainer has their bad points, to every individual!!!If one way works for someone and their horse then GREAT! But just because it worked for them doesn't mean the next person will apply the techniques the same exact way and acheive the same exact results, does that make it bad or wrong, of course not, everyone is different and every horse is different and every situation is different wich I think is what makes the world go round. I like knowing that there is always something else out there that I havent learned( keeps me interested). We are all individuals, and no matter how long the trainer debate goes on it will stay that way, we are individuals and as such we all take things in a different perspective.

I love a good debate as well as the next person, as long as it is productive, and I'm sorry but this debate has left the productive stage a couple of posts ago and has just become redundant. Again I apologize if I am outta line in saying any of that but I just had to put it out there, I hope I was not being rude [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by Tatertots:

I love a good debate as well as the next person, as long as it is productive, and I'm sorry but this debate has left the productive stage a couple of posts ago and has just become redundant. Again I apologize if I am outta line in saying any of that but I just had to put it out there, I hope I was not being rude
[Wink]

Pretty much what the bottom line has been from me and many others all along.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

quote:

Originally posted by Tatertots:

I love a good debate as well as the next person, as long as it is productive, and I'm sorry but this debate has left the productive stage a couple of posts ago and has just become redundant. Again I apologize if I am outta line in saying any of that but I just had to put it out there, I hope I was not being rude
[Wink]

Pretty much what the bottom line has been from me and many others all along.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

Hmmmmmm. "How interesting" as Linda Parelli would say. All one need do is recall your earlier thread of today Bumper. Sounds an awful lot like "bashing" to me. Thanks for hanging yourself in my verbal noose and proving my point though!

I stated fact. There is nothing "educated" about bashing someone. It is foolish. It is wasteful. It accomplishes nothing. I do not wish to escalate that hate, only to show how very silly it is to put someone down. I am not criticizing a person, only a behavior. Therefore, do not expect me to respond to you again. You wouldn't win anyway.

I learned long ago that it does not pay to defend Pat and Linda on paper. You cannot reason with hate. Instead, I prefer to get out my carrot stick and apply what I have learned and argue by example. My horses are the best advertisement for the Parelli method.

As I said folks, if you want to delve deeper into Parelli, there are lots of great places to get the info. Ask any of us who seriously study his teachings, and we can point you in the right direction. Cheers, and "may the horse be with you"!

Hmmmmmm. "How interesting" as Linda Parelli would say. All one need do is recall your earlier thread of today Bumper. Sounds an awful lot like "bashing" to me. Thanks for hanging yourself in my verbal noose and proving my point though!

I stated fact. There is nothing "educated" about bashing someone. It is foolish. It is wasteful. It accomplishes nothing. I do not wish to escalate that hate, only to show how very silly it is to put someone down. I am not criticizing a person, only a behavior. Therefore, do not expect me to respond to you again. You wouldn't win anyway.

I learned long ago that it does not pay to defend Pat and Linda on paper. You cannot reason with hate. Instead, I prefer to get out my carrot stick and apply what I have learned and argue by example. My horses are the best advertisement for the Parelli method.

As I said folks, if you want to delve deeper into Parelli, there are lots of great places to get the info. Ask any of us who seriously study his teachings, and we can point you in the right direction. Cheers, and "may the horse be with you"!

quote:

Originally posted by Hal:

My wife's a kindergarten teacher. At the beginning of each school year, she meets with each of the parents. She tells them: I'll agree to believe only half of what your child says goes on at home if you'll agree to believe only half of what he says goes on in my classroom!
[big Grin]

Might be something to think about.

Question is, will they believe the good half or the bad half? [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by Hal:

My wife's a kindergarten teacher. At the beginning of each school year, she meets with each of the parents. She tells them: I'll agree to believe only half of what your child says goes on at home if you'll agree to believe only half of what he says goes on in my classroom!
[big Grin]

Might be something to think about.

Question is, will they believe the good half or the bad half? [Wink]

Drop it please! I really don't think the mods are going to stand for this much longer. SO much valuble advice is given on this forum, I would hate to loose this resource (Especially over something so silly and childish).We are not expected to agree on everything, but this his been taken way to far. Please, I think we should all apologise to our ever so tolerant moderators, show some respect(not to mention dignity), and move on.

*steps off soap box*

Thank you!

Drop it please! I really don't think the mods are going to stand for this much longer. SO much valuble advice is given on this forum, I would hate to loose this resource (Especially over something so silly and childish).We are not expected to agree on everything, but this his been taken way to far. Please, I think we should all apologise to our ever so tolerant moderators, show some respect(not to mention dignity), and move on.

*steps off soap box*

Thank you!

quote:

Originally posted by MissMyBud:

If I said it once, I said it a thousand times... the reason pp incites so much debate is because of the rhetoric that he and Linda put out there. They not only show you how to train horses, they also tell you what is wrong with all the other ways! Then their 'students/followers/groupies' come onto the BB's and repeat what they have said...ie 'mindless lungeing'. While the other NH trainers don't do that-they simply show you what THEY do and how they do it, and what works for them, without all the rhetoric. That's JMHO
[Wink]

Oh! MMB.. I have to disagree with this.. These other guys bash PNHrs too. Its a two-way street here. I participated in a clinic last year with a very popular trainer who constantly bashed PNH. I was embarresed for him.

quote:

Originally posted by MissMyBud:

If I said it once, I said it a thousand times... the reason pp incites so much debate is because of the rhetoric that he and Linda put out there. They not only show you how to train horses, they also tell you what is wrong with all the other ways! Then their 'students/followers/groupies' come onto the BB's and repeat what they have said...ie 'mindless lungeing'. While the other NH trainers don't do that-they simply show you what THEY do and how they do it, and what works for them, without all the rhetoric. That's JMHO
[Wink]

Oh! MMB.. I have to disagree with this.. These other guys bash PNHrs too. Its a two-way street here. I participated in a clinic last year with a very popular trainer who constantly bashed PNH. I was embarresed for him.

You can disagree, but that's how I see it! I have seen Linda and Pat put down all other ways of training...haven't you heard her 'rant' about how awful dresage riders are?? Or him with 'how many times does a person have to get hurt before they buy our program?!?! I've heard that many times!! I rarely hear CA talking about how horrible other people ride and train, especially on RFD-Tv, he states what he does and why, and doesn't candy coat it to make it sound 'nicer' than it is! A 'whack on the butt' is exactly that to him...but with 'parelli' it's a 'phase 4'. [Duh]

quote:

Amen Bumper! [Not Worthy]

quote:

Hmmmmmm. "How interesting" as Linda Parelli would say. All one need do is recall your earlier thread of today Bumper. Sounds an awful lot like "bashing" to me. Thanks for hanging yourself in my verbal noose and proving my point though

We don't care what LP has to say [bang Head] . And for her to even talk about someone else bashing, is very hypocritical to me...since she is the 'Queen of Bashing'.

quote:

stated fact. There is nothing "educated" about bashing someone. It is foolish. It is wasteful. It accomplishes nothing. I

So when others (non PNHer's) state their opinion then it's bashing, while PNHers' are just stating 'fact' right?? [Roll Eyes]

quote:

You wouldn't win anyway

This is not a contest! There is no 'winning or loosing' an opinion is not right or wrong...unless you attack someone personally, which you said you never do.....hmmmm

quote:

I learned long ago that it does not pay to defend Pat and Linda on paper. You cannot reason with hate.

There is no hate, except when people slam our methods because we don't do 'parelli'-then it turns towards extreme unlikeableness for that person! Why can't you just realize what you're doing is not 'new or better' just different, and only slightly different at that!!

quote:

As I said folks, if you want to delve deeper into Parelli, there are lots of great places to get the info

And usually for a fee!!

You can disagree, but that's how I see it! I have seen Linda and Pat put down all other ways of training...haven't you heard her 'rant' about how awful dresage riders are?? Or him with 'how many times does a person have to get hurt before they buy our program?!?! I've heard that many times!! I rarely hear CA talking about how horrible other people ride and train, especially on RFD-Tv, he states what he does and why, and doesn't candy coat it to make it sound 'nicer' than it is! A 'whack on the butt' is exactly that to him...but with 'parelli' it's a 'phase 4'. [Duh]

quote:

Amen Bumper! [Not Worthy]

quote:

Hmmmmmm. "How interesting" as Linda Parelli would say. All one need do is recall your earlier thread of today Bumper. Sounds an awful lot like "bashing" to me. Thanks for hanging yourself in my verbal noose and proving my point though

We don't care what LP has to say [bang Head] . And for her to even talk about someone else bashing, is very hypocritical to me...since she is the 'Queen of Bashing'.

quote:

stated fact. There is nothing "educated" about bashing someone. It is foolish. It is wasteful. It accomplishes nothing. I

So when others (non PNHer's) state their opinion then it's bashing, while PNHers' are just stating 'fact' right?? [Roll Eyes]

quote:

You wouldn't win anyway

This is not a contest! There is no 'winning or loosing' an opinion is not right or wrong...unless you attack someone personally, which you said you never do.....hmmmm

quote:

I learned long ago that it does not pay to defend Pat and Linda on paper. You cannot reason with hate.

There is no hate, except when people slam our methods because we don't do 'parelli'-then it turns towards extreme unlikeableness for that person! Why can't you just realize what you're doing is not 'new or better' just different, and only slightly different at that!!

quote:

As I said folks, if you want to delve deeper into Parelli, there are lots of great places to get the info

And usually for a fee!!