Sign in to follow this  
GreyHorse

Videos from today (after 30 feedyard days) on last page

I feel really akward even asking this, but my computer has viruses, and I cant click open links, but I REALLY want to watch the videos. If you ever get time, even if its months from now, could you post the actual web address of the videos? Then I could copy and paste and watch them.

I feel really akward even asking this, but my computer has viruses, and I cant click open links, but I REALLY want to watch the videos. If you ever get time, even if its months from now, could you post the actual web address of the videos? Then I could copy and paste and watch them.

quote:

Originally posted by wrangler:

I loved the videos! I am so incredibly jealous. I want to come play in the feedyard!!
[Yay]

LOL... Told you the training environment is irreplacable.

I gotta clue the rest of you guys in on this... When I met Wrangler and her hubby, JG and his lady in CA last month I told them I was working in a feedyard and that I loved it.

Course, all them guys are old timey buckaroos... Wide open spaces, good horses and lots of cattle. And they all looked at me like I suddenly turn bright orange w/ green polka dots.

Now, when I lived in Wyo, I was kinda a buckaroo too, so I know how they feel about their lifestyle.

But when I went to work at the feedyard the first time, 8 yrs ago, on account of the regular hours (for my kids), I fell in love w/ the way you can train a horse there. And now, my first choice in cow work is the feedyard. Which in Buckaroo terms is barely one step up from truck driver. LOL!!!

Duns...

I know exactly how hubby feels.

Love the buckskin stud.

Audrae

http://slaterhorsetraining.com/stuff/pullchr.mov

http://slaterhorsetraining.com/stuff/pullcha2.mov

http://slaterhorsetraining.com/stuff/pullblk.mov

http://slaterhorsetraining.com/stuff/gates.mov

quote:

Originally posted by wrangler:

I loved the videos! I am so incredibly jealous. I want to come play in the feedyard!!
[Yay]

LOL... Told you the training environment is irreplacable.

I gotta clue the rest of you guys in on this... When I met Wrangler and her hubby, JG and his lady in CA last month I told them I was working in a feedyard and that I loved it.

Course, all them guys are old timey buckaroos... Wide open spaces, good horses and lots of cattle. And they all looked at me like I suddenly turn bright orange w/ green polka dots.

Now, when I lived in Wyo, I was kinda a buckaroo too, so I know how they feel about their lifestyle.

But when I went to work at the feedyard the first time, 8 yrs ago, on account of the regular hours (for my kids), I fell in love w/ the way you can train a horse there. And now, my first choice in cow work is the feedyard. Which in Buckaroo terms is barely one step up from truck driver. LOL!!!

Duns...

I know exactly how hubby feels.

Love the buckskin stud.

Audrae

http://slaterhorsetraining.com/stuff/pullchr.mov

http://slaterhorsetraining.com/stuff/pullcha2.mov

http://slaterhorsetraining.com/stuff/pullblk.mov

http://slaterhorsetraining.com/stuff/gates.mov

Hubby has worked in the feedyard since I've known him, plus we have a very small cow/calf herd. We have had alot of fun with our stud. We use our stud to check pastures, brand calves off of, and he gets used in the feedlot, then we turn around and show him. Everything that we ride goes with him to work. They all know their leg cues, how to work a gate.... it's just all around a great place to work them. Keep up the good work and can't waint to see more of your progress.

[ 10-16-2007, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Duns of Impact ]

Hubby has worked in the feedyard since I've known him, plus we have a very small cow/calf herd. We have had alot of fun with our stud. We use our stud to check pastures, brand calves off of, and he gets used in the feedlot, then we turn around and show him. Everything that we ride goes with him to work. They all know their leg cues, how to work a gate.... it's just all around a great place to work them. Keep up the good work and can't waint to see more of your progress.

[ 10-16-2007, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Duns of Impact ]

The best place to train horses is a set of shipping pens . Long alleys , big pens , small pens . Plus the open country to gather the cattle to ship , naw greyhorse , never thought you looked orange---but i did see polka dots . I like being out in the open , catchin' cattle outside . You can long trot , and cover some ground . I just don't like the confinment of feedyards , I like having to look for my cows . Nothing wrong with feedyards , as that's where my calves all go .

The best place to train horses is a set of shipping pens . Long alleys , big pens , small pens . Plus the open country to gather the cattle to ship , naw greyhorse , never thought you looked orange---but i did see polka dots . I like being out in the open , catchin' cattle outside . You can long trot , and cover some ground . I just don't like the confinment of feedyards , I like having to look for my cows . Nothing wrong with feedyards , as that's where my calves all go .

I didn't see the Polka dots but you looked kinda reddish under the neon signs!! [ROTFL]

My Sister-in-law runs shipping and receiving at Simplot in Idaho and my brother in law also works the feed yard. My husband and another brother worked for them for years too. Lots of feedyard experience here. It is a GREAT place to get a handle on a horse. I would love the opportunity in all honesty. I have not worked in a feedyard but the rest of the family has.

I do enjoy working in those wide open spaces of Wyoming though and gathering large herds across the mountains. Okay now I'm homesick!!

I didn't see the Polka dots but you looked kinda reddish under the neon signs!! [ROTFL]

My Sister-in-law runs shipping and receiving at Simplot in Idaho and my brother in law also works the feed yard. My husband and another brother worked for them for years too. Lots of feedyard experience here. It is a GREAT place to get a handle on a horse. I would love the opportunity in all honesty. I have not worked in a feedyard but the rest of the family has.

I do enjoy working in those wide open spaces of Wyoming though and gathering large herds across the mountains. Okay now I'm homesick!!

I'm with wrangler, I'd love to come play in the feedlot. [big Grin]

I have to say that I love the handle you're putting on that little mare, it seems like a good job for any horse to learn, gets some "grit" put off in 'em [Wink]

Sounds like my kinda life, too bad I'm a nurse, and my whole job is about comfort, and caring, and cleanliness , I always smile a little smile when taking off my Chukkas after a day of working Jessie in the roundpen, if my patients/employer could only see me now [Roll Eyes][big Grin]

I'm with wrangler, I'd love to come play in the feedlot. [big Grin]

I have to say that I love the handle you're putting on that little mare, it seems like a good job for any horse to learn, gets some "grit" put off in 'em [Wink]

Sounds like my kinda life, too bad I'm a nurse, and my whole job is about comfort, and caring, and cleanliness , I always smile a little smile when taking off my Chukkas after a day of working Jessie in the roundpen, if my patients/employer could only see me now [Roll Eyes][big Grin]