Sign in to follow this  
Cuteaphacash

Horses Weight

My horse seems to be losing weight, quite fast. What can I feed her to make her gain it back? Shes an arabian, probably only weighs 850, and should be around 1000. (shes 15 hands). Someone help please!!!!

My horse seems to be losing weight, quite fast. What can I feed her to make her gain it back? Shes an arabian, probably only weighs 850, and should be around 1000. (shes 15 hands). Someone help please!!!!

Try adding 1/2 c. of veggie oil to her food everyday, and also feed some rice bran. these things helped put weight on my rescue horse FAST! hope this helps! O and mayb switch their feed to a higher fat and protein.!! [big Grin]

Try adding 1/2 c. of veggie oil to her food everyday, and also feed some rice bran. these things helped put weight on my rescue horse FAST! hope this helps! O and mayb switch their feed to a higher fat and protein.!! [big Grin]

I would first contact your vet and try to determine what is causing the weight loss and then look for a solution.

I would first contact your vet and try to determine what is causing the weight loss and then look for a solution.

Just to go over the basics, when was she last dewormed? When was the last time you rotated wormers? When was her teeth floated last?

I would have the vet out to give her a once over, somethings is wrong if the start loosing weight for no apparent reason.

Just to go over the basics, when was she last dewormed? When was the last time you rotated wormers? When was her teeth floated last?

I would have the vet out to give her a once over, somethings is wrong if the start loosing weight for no apparent reason.