Sign in to follow this  
ripplesmylurve

Mysterious lameness

My mare has been lame, on and off for about five months now, but we were always told that she had arthritis. Soo we've been giving her Generic Adequan(sp?) every week for soo far..I think three weeks.

She had gotten into barbed wire I *think* three years back, and got her cornorary band (is that it?) diaginally sliced, and now her hoof is deformed. She now has a cracked hoof, that has gotten much better, but she had lost a shoe soo now it's crack has started to go back up where it started. We always blamed the hoof, or arthritis for the lameness because that's what her previous owner (my old trainer) said it's what it was. I guess it's partially our fault because we didn't vetcheck her, and we also should of known better than to listen to that woman. We think that she knew what was wrong all along..But I had my new trainer check her legs out, and she saw (or felt) no arthritis bumps. When it still may be possible that that's what she has, we still don't know.

But anyways, ever since we've moved barns, my mom just now pointed out this bump over by where her fetlock is. It looks like it's right by where all the bones are. It's gotten mushy, swelled up, and felt hot. But then the swelling went down.

She's just been lame for SOO LONG. And im really frightened that this is an old fracture that never healed properly?

Any ideas? We're calling the vet out as soon as we find the ol' lost credit card.

Thanks for reading. [Not Worthy]

[surrender]

[ 07-25-2005, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Ripples My Lurve ]

My mare has been lame, on and off for about five months now, but we were always told that she had arthritis. Soo we've been giving her Generic Adequan(sp?) every week for soo far..I think three weeks.

She had gotten into barbed wire I *think* three years back, and got her cornorary band (is that it?) diaginally sliced, and now her hoof is deformed. She now has a cracked hoof, that has gotten much better, but she had lost a shoe soo now it's crack has started to go back up where it started. We always blamed the hoof, or arthritis for the lameness because that's what her previous owner (my old trainer) said it's what it was. I guess it's partially our fault because we didn't vetcheck her, and we also should of known better than to listen to that woman. We think that she knew what was wrong all along..But I had my new trainer check her legs out, and she saw (or felt) no arthritis bumps. When it still may be possible that that's what she has, we still don't know.

But anyways, ever since we've moved barns, my mom just now pointed out this bump over by where her fetlock is. It looks like it's right by where all the bones are. It's gotten mushy, swelled up, and felt hot. But then the swelling went down.

She's just been lame for SOO LONG. And im really frightened that this is an old fracture that never healed properly?

Any ideas? We're calling the vet out as soon as we find the ol' lost credit card.

Thanks for reading. [Not Worthy]

[surrender]

[ 07-25-2005, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Ripples My Lurve ]