Sign in to follow this  
RioTollerAgain

Wasp Sting First Aid

There's a homeopathic remedy called Apis that is great for it, humans can take it also. I would put ice on the area and wrap it tight. This worked on a wasp sting on my leg and kept the swelling and pain down to a minimum.

There's a homeopathic remedy called Apis that is great for it, humans can take it also. I would put ice on the area and wrap it tight. This worked on a wasp sting on my leg and kept the swelling and pain down to a minimum.

quote:

Originally posted by MissMyBud:

What is Apis, and where do I find out more about it, and where do I find it?

quote:

Originally posted by MissMyBud:

What is Apis, and where do I find out more about it, and where do I find it?

quote:

Originally posted by audrey-mae:

You could try meat tenderizer, its supposed to draw out some of the sting.

Actually, I do know this one is NOT true. The idea is that meat tenderizer "draws." It does not. It softens. In addition, on living flesh, it increases circulation, which I would think might increase the spread of the poison.

The confusion, which also occurs with ichthamyl (or however you spell it,) is that BECAUSE it softens, it makes it easier to remove an imbedded object (such as a splinter) from the skin. They call it a "drawing salve," but it does not actually "draw."

quote:

Originally posted by audrey-mae:

You could try meat tenderizer, its supposed to draw out some of the sting.

Actually, I do know this one is NOT true. The idea is that meat tenderizer "draws." It does not. It softens. In addition, on living flesh, it increases circulation, which I would think might increase the spread of the poison.

The confusion, which also occurs with ichthamyl (or however you spell it,) is that BECAUSE it softens, it makes it easier to remove an imbedded object (such as a splinter) from the skin. They call it a "drawing salve," but it does not actually "draw."

Just look in the yellow pages under 'natural foods' or other topics like that. Unfortunately, if this much time has passed...it's too late, you really need to get to it right away. But the ice will help, hope you did that anyway. But keep some on hand. I was actually at my vet's farm once and I got stung TWICE by wasps on the same leg. He gave me some apis and a bag of frozen corn (hehe) to put on it, an hour later I was out riding horses. It never swelled up.

Just look in the yellow pages under 'natural foods' or other topics like that. Unfortunately, if this much time has passed...it's too late, you really need to get to it right away. But the ice will help, hope you did that anyway. But keep some on hand. I was actually at my vet's farm once and I got stung TWICE by wasps on the same leg. He gave me some apis and a bag of frozen corn (hehe) to put on it, an hour later I was out riding horses. It never swelled up.

For any kind of sting, you get three leaves, one which has to be "planten", from your yard or pasture the other two has to be two different types, rub them together, then rub them on the sting, it will stop the hurt right now....

Make sure one to the leaves "is not" poisen ivy though! LOL! [big Grin]

It does work.

For any kind of sting, you get three leaves, one which has to be "planten", from your yard or pasture the other two has to be two different types, rub them together, then rub them on the sting, it will stop the hurt right now....

Make sure one to the leaves "is not" poisen ivy though! LOL! [big Grin]

It does work.