Sign in to follow this  
surfin_bc88

Rattlesnake bite on muzzle (Pg 14 new update)

I have been following this thread for a few days. It is like I have been holding my breath for good news. I sincerely hope he makes it. You are an awesome horseowner and I have the utmost respect and admiration for you.

I would go easy on the feeding and not let him overdo it as it has been a few days without and you certainly don't need him to colic on top of everything else.

I pray he continues to improve. I hope he can drink on his own soon.

I have been following this thread for a few days. It is like I have been holding my breath for good news. I sincerely hope he makes it. You are an awesome horseowner and I have the utmost respect and admiration for you.

I would go easy on the feeding and not let him overdo it as it has been a few days without and you certainly don't need him to colic on top of everything else.

I pray he continues to improve. I hope he can drink on his own soon.

I've read lots of good things about Florida Cracker Horses. He's one tough little guy. Keep up all your good work. You must be exhausted.

I've read lots of good things about Florida Cracker Horses. He's one tough little guy. Keep up all your good work. You must be exhausted.

Yay for Possum!! [Yay][Yay] I am still gonna send a few more [Angel] cause you can never have enough! Way to go Reno, I hope things continue to improve for your special boy. [Huggy]

Yay for Possum!! [Yay][Yay] I am still gonna send a few more [Angel] cause you can never have enough! Way to go Reno, I hope things continue to improve for your special boy. [Huggy]

YAY POSSUM!!! You have been doing an amazing job as well Reno! Keep up the good work! I cant wait until this guy is WAY outta the woods. I started to tear up when I heard the good news! Thats Awesome!!! [Yay][Yay][Jump][Jump] I, too, am sending more [Angel] 's and [Huggy] 's for you two. He sure does have the will and desire to live! He's a tough guy, and where would he be without the love and help from you! Way to go girlfriend and Possum!!! [Not Worthy] Cant wait to hear more good news!! [Yay]

YAY POSSUM!!! You have been doing an amazing job as well Reno! Keep up the good work! I cant wait until this guy is WAY outta the woods. I started to tear up when I heard the good news! Thats Awesome!!! [Yay][Yay][Jump][Jump] I, too, am sending more [Angel] 's and [Huggy] 's for you two. He sure does have the will and desire to live! He's a tough guy, and where would he be without the love and help from you! Way to go girlfriend and Possum!!! [Not Worthy] Cant wait to hear more good news!! [Yay]

I've never heard of a Florida Cracker Horse. [Confused] He's cute though and I really really hope that everythings going to be ok. I'm VERY glad that he's slowly getting better with time, hopefully things continue to improve. Keep thinking positive thoughts. [Yay]

I've never heard of a Florida Cracker Horse. [Confused] He's cute though and I really really hope that everythings going to be ok. I'm VERY glad that he's slowly getting better with time, hopefully things continue to improve. Keep thinking positive thoughts. [Yay]

I am so happy to read this.I am a firm believer in prayers [Angel] And when you have a loving caring owner like yourself,well things just have to work out well.Your vet did a great job also.He deserves a big hug [Huggy] and so do you & possum [Huggy] Blessings to you all from me.And please give possum a gentle kiss from me.Keep us updated.

I am so happy to read this.I am a firm believer in prayers [Angel] And when you have a loving caring owner like yourself,well things just have to work out well.Your vet did a great job also.He deserves a big hug [Huggy] and so do you & possum [Huggy] Blessings to you all from me.And please give possum a gentle kiss from me.Keep us updated.

yippy for Possum [Yay] . I will also send you more prayers [Angel] Wish I were closer, Id come walk with ya, or for ya, so you could take a rest. Im so glad he is coming around. You've done a great job [smiley Wavey]

yippy for Possum [Yay] . I will also send you more prayers [Angel] Wish I were closer, Id come walk with ya, or for ya, so you could take a rest. Im so glad he is coming around. You've done a great job [smiley Wavey]

more prayers from Washington!

what a cutie, he looks like a real nice horse. Definitely isn't giving up on you [Angel][Angel][Yay]

more prayers from Washington!

what a cutie, he looks like a real nice horse. Definitely isn't giving up on you [Angel][Angel][Yay]

At least I'm at home reading about the good news, I don't think the people at the office would understand the tears running down my cheeks.

Still sending all the healing thoughts I can from Canada down your way.

Keep us updated!!! [smiley Wavey][smiley Wavey]

At least I'm at home reading about the good news, I don't think the people at the office would understand the tears running down my cheeks.

I, too, have been following this thread with great interest. Our Northern California area is highly populatd with rattlers and I have learned to walk with my eyes cast mostly at the ground ahead of me. We have killed 7 or 8 in the four years we have lived here.

The people that owned this place before us raised show swine and seldom had slithery rattley visitors. Pigs are good snake deterents, as well as guinea fowl, peacocks and donkeys.

I had noticed several days ago that Vicka was suddenly spooking at tree branches and hoses on the ground. I figured she may have had a run in with a snake and I checked her carefully...no signs of snake bites (Whew!) That is when I logged on to see what people did for snakebit horses and came upon this thread. I have to tell you, I DREAMT about rattlesnakes that leapt like jackrabbits that night!

Reno, I commend you for all your hard work and love for your horse. I hope things turn out the best for you!

I, too, have been following this thread with great interest. Our Northern California area is highly populatd with rattlers and I have learned to walk with my eyes cast mostly at the ground ahead of me. We have killed 7 or 8 in the four years we have lived here.

The people that owned this place before us raised show swine and seldom had slithery rattley visitors. Pigs are good snake deterents, as well as guinea fowl, peacocks and donkeys.

I had noticed several days ago that Vicka was suddenly spooking at tree branches and hoses on the ground. I figured she may have had a run in with a snake and I checked her carefully...no signs of snake bites (Whew!) That is when I logged on to see what people did for snakebit horses and came upon this thread. I have to tell you, I DREAMT about rattlesnakes that leapt like jackrabbits that night!

Reno, I commend you for all your hard work and love for your horse. I hope things turn out the best for you!