Sign in to follow this  
Sjw88

Are slugs dangerous to horses.

The other day I found a slug in my boarders feed bin.

Earlier this month she gave me this sheet about not feeding the horses on wet ground becasue if a slug goes over infected deer poo and then on the horses hay, it casuses some kind of worm? And it kills the horse.

So I was just wondering then are slugs dangerous to horses? I took the slug out it was dead. But I was just wondering casue I've never had that happen before.

[ 07-09-2006, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: xTheeAppleismyAppyx ]

The other day I found a slug in my boarders feed bin.

Earlier this month she gave me this sheet about not feeding the horses on wet ground becasue if a slug goes over infected deer poo and then on the horses hay, it casuses some kind of worm? And it kills the horse.

So I was just wondering then are slugs dangerous to horses? I took the slug out it was dead. But I was just wondering casue I've never had that happen before.

[ 07-09-2006, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: xTheeAppleismyAppyx ]

omg thank you guys wasnt paying attention [Embarrassed] oh man. that was a nice reply tho. lol.

omg thank you guys wasnt paying attention [Embarrassed] oh man. that was a nice reply tho. lol.

[Eek!]

[ROTFL] OMG That was too funny! And the remark about the stud....I was thinking the same thing!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the laugh!

Deb [big Grin]

[Eek!]

[ROTFL] OMG That was too funny! And the remark about the stud....I was thinking the same thing!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the laugh!

Deb [big Grin]

Are you sure she's not talking about Potomac? Which they think may be transmitted by certain snails/slugs?

There is a vaccine for it. Basically though, you want to watch for fever, lethargy, anorexia, etc.

Are you sure she's not talking about Potomac? Which they think may be transmitted by certain snails/slugs?

There is a vaccine for it. Basically though, you want to watch for fever, lethargy, anorexia, etc.

Honestly if slugs were dangerous to horses I don't think there would be many horses in the Pacific NW...There are slugs all over. Big ones, little ones, green ones, leopard spotted ones... I think you get my drift. I honestly wouldn't be worried.

Honestly if slugs were dangerous to horses I don't think there would be many horses in the Pacific NW...There are slugs all over. Big ones, little ones, green ones, leopard spotted ones... I think you get my drift. I honestly wouldn't be worried.