Sign in to follow this  
rainyspirit

lameness question

my arabian just back from the trainers and now he is lame. I looked at the bottom of his hoof and it looks like he might have step on something and peeled it up a bit.There is no open wound,blood,pus or any other damage except like the piece of the sold lifted.like a person peeling their nail too far. There is no swelling or no heat. I am soaking it with epsom salt. I am hoping it is something the farrier can fix

[ 07-26-2006, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: rainyspirit ]

my arabian just back from the trainers and now he is lame. I looked at the bottom of his hoof and it looks like he might have step on something and peeled it up a bit.There is no open wound,blood,pus or any other damage except like the piece of the sold lifted.like a person peeling their nail too far. There is no swelling or no heat. I am soaking it with epsom salt. I am hoping it is something the farrier can fix

[ 07-26-2006, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: rainyspirit ]

That sounds like something my horse did. Have a farrier come out to fix it. Your horse may be a bit sore after the visit, but should recover fine. Good luck!

That sounds like something my horse did. Have a farrier come out to fix it. Your horse may be a bit sore after the visit, but should recover fine. Good luck!