Sign in to follow this  
BreyerHorselover

Breeding Help

lynnehall67. I agree. This person sounds very inexperienced. And has, in the near past, asked questions that only a novice would ask. I have nothing against novices - it's how we all begin. However until very recently her profile stated she was an instructor, horse trainer and horse whisperer. Someone questioned that and the profile was changed.

Given her past questions I would emphatically say NO she should not breed. Mainly because I think this requires more thought and planning than has been done.

lynnehall67. I agree. This person sounds very inexperienced. And has, in the near past, asked questions that only a novice would ask. I have nothing against novices - it's how we all begin. However until very recently her profile stated she was an instructor, horse trainer and horse whisperer. Someone questioned that and the profile was changed.

Given her past questions I would emphatically say NO she should not breed. Mainly because I think this requires more thought and planning than has been done.

quote:

Originally posted by T.he H.orse L.over:

[QB]Both parents have excellent comformation,temperment, and im willing to pay extra costs. I bought the mare for a riding horse and a breeder. She is sweet and they stallion is one of the best behaved stallions i know. he can jump to 5 feet. (i like him also beacause i train hunters and jumpers)

QB]

OK so they have good conformation... No horse has perfect conformation, so what are their faults? if a foal were to get all of the faults from both top and bottomw of the breeding, would it be marketable?

There are a lot of well behaved stallions, and a lot of stallions who can jump. You should NOT breed on those two criteria! You never answered anyone about bloodlines, so I am assuming it is an area one or both are lacking?

I am into QHs, so I am not to familiar with Arabs, but I know MANY people who will NOT buy a horse that has a grey parent because of the high chance the foal will turn grey. There were a lot of greys being sold as blue, and at least QH people want color. I know color is not something to breed for, but it is a consideration in the marketablity of the foal.

quote:

[QB]Both parents have excellent comformation,temperment, and im willing to pay extra costs. I bought the mare for a riding horse and a breeder. She is sweet and they stallion is one of the best behaved stallions i know. he can jump to 5 feet. (i like him also beacause i train hunters and jumpers)

QB]

OK so they have good conformation... No horse has perfect conformation, so what are their faults? if a foal were to get all of the faults from both top and bottomw of the breeding, would it be marketable?

There are a lot of well behaved stallions, and a lot of stallions who can jump. You should NOT breed on those two criteria! You never answered anyone about bloodlines, so I am assuming it is an area one or both are lacking?

I am into QHs, so I am not to familiar with Arabs, but I know MANY people who will NOT buy a horse that has a grey parent because of the high chance the foal will turn grey. There were a lot of greys being sold as blue, and at least QH people want color. I know color is not something to breed for, but it is a consideration in the marketablity of the foal.

I know this is very controversial. but I AGREE COMPLETELY with BUMPER! she has excellent advice and words. that is the best you can do. I say. no breeding, unless the horse is EXTREMELY special. if you just want a horse, go adopt a baby. i am sure you could find a newborn-weanling for sale.

I know this is very controversial. but I AGREE COMPLETELY with BUMPER! she has excellent advice and words. that is the best you can do. I say. no breeding, unless the horse is EXTREMELY special. if you just want a horse, go adopt a baby. i am sure you could find a newborn-weanling for sale.

OK, i dont think i made my question clear. My main question was Should I breed my mare that I've only had for 3 months or would it be to stressful on her? I dont think i made my question claer.

Any ways we bred her last night around 7. She did fine during the breed, so i hope it worked [Angel][Angel] !!

We in hand bred them, instead of pasture like i wanted to. We did tthis cause the stallion bulldozes really hard to get the job done, so we wanted to supervise so nothing bad happened to her.

OK, i dont think i made my question clear. My main question was Should I breed my mare that I've only had for 3 months or would it be to stressful on her? I dont think i made my question claer.

Any ways we bred her last night around 7. She did fine during the breed, so i hope it worked [Angel][Angel] !!

We in hand bred them, instead of pasture like i wanted to. We did tthis cause the stallion bulldozes really hard to get the job done, so we wanted to supervise so nothing bad happened to her.

quote:

OK, i dont think i made my question clear. My main question was
Should I breed my mare that I've only had for 3 months or would it be to stressful on her?
I dont think i made my question claer.

Well, since you already bred her, it might be too late. I would say that nobody is in your situation except you and you know if she is comfortable. If was just giving advice over the internet, I would have to say NO since I am not there.

quote:

OK, i dont think i made my question clear. My main question was
Should I breed my mare that I've only had for 3 months or would it be to stressful on her?
I dont think i made my question claer.

Well, since you already bred her, it might be too late. I would say that nobody is in your situation except you and you know if she is comfortable. If was just giving advice over the internet, I would have to say NO since I am not there.

Palomino

Pinto

Grey

Appaloosa Colour

Dun

I didn't think those were common colors for Arab bloodlines, but who knows anymore. I don't, I guess.

From the color mix on the pedigree, I'd say either another grey or anything is fair game. What are their bloodlines?

Palomino

Pinto

Grey

Appaloosa Colour

Dun

I didn't think those were common colors for Arab bloodlines, but who knows anymore. I don't, I guess.

From the color mix on the pedigree, I'd say either another grey or anything is fair game. What are their bloodlines?

ok, im having a sleepover for the kids that ride @ my barn tonight. I asked 4 girls what colour they think it will be

Casey said: Chestnut or Bay

Sara said: Grey like her mom

Caitlynn said: Black like her dad

Janette said: Bay,Dun or Dark Brown

ok, im having a sleepover for the kids that ride @ my barn tonight. I asked 4 girls what colour they think it will be

Casey said: Chestnut or Bay

Sara said: Grey like her mom

Caitlynn said: Black like her dad

Janette said: Bay,Dun or Dark Brown

ok @ my barn scince the kids are here, i decided to have a guess the colour contest.All my riders/boarders are allowed to enter. they just guess the colour. what ever colour the foal is we will pick a winner, out of the group who picked that colour i will draw the name for the winner. the prize will be $100 gift certifacate to the tack shop or a monogrammed blanket for their horse.

ok @ my barn scince the kids are here, i decided to have a guess the colour contest.All my riders/boarders are allowed to enter. they just guess the colour. what ever colour the foal is we will pick a winner, out of the group who picked that colour i will draw the name for the winner. the prize will be $100 gift certifacate to the tack shop or a monogrammed blanket for their horse.

quote:

OK if any on ehad to guess what coulor would the foal be? just any guess. Ill put the colour pedigree.

Bay

Grey

Grey

Black

Chestnut

Bay

Black

?

Chesnut

Palomino

Pinto

Grey

Appaloosa Colour

Dun

Chestnut

Palomino, pinto, dun, and "appaloosa color" are not accepted in the Arab breed. So either the horse in question is not purebred arab or those are guesswork colors.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

quote:

OK if any on ehad to guess what coulor would the foal be? just any guess. Ill put the colour pedigree.

Bay

Grey

Grey

Black

Chestnut

Bay

Black

?

Chesnut

Palomino

Pinto

Grey

Appaloosa Colour

Dun

Chestnut

Palomino, pinto, dun, and "appaloosa color" are not accepted in the Arab breed. So either the horse in question is not purebred arab or those are guesswork colors.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER