Sign in to follow this  
BreyerHorselover

Breeding Help

OK...points in question:

1. This whole thread has gone from advice to bickering. That's fine for the general forums, but lets keep the health forums a little higher quality, please. I'd motion that the moderators lock the thing and be done with it.

2. Just because the mare is not showing signs of heat doesn't mean she's pregnant. It just means that she's not in heat any longer. Mares ovulate at the end of their cycle. You can't determine pregnancy until around day 10 with a willing mare and a good ultrasound. Day 14-16 is more common.

3. As stated, palomino, dun and "Appaloosa colors" don't biologically exist in purebred Arabians. They don't have the creme gene or dun factor or whatever genetic control dictates Applaloosa patterns. Even roan is questionable, as more and more of these previously named "roans" are actually sabino or rabicano. Sabino can cause extensive white markings, even to the point of 'maximum sabino' which can yield medicine-hat like markings. But they're a base color of bay/chestnut/black with an overlying sabino pattern. "Palomino" arabians are not palominos, but flaxen chestnuts. The creme gene responsible for palomino & buckskin does not exist in Arabians.

4. If you know for a fact that these colors are correct, you do not have a purebred.

OK...points in question:

1. This whole thread has gone from advice to bickering. That's fine for the general forums, but lets keep the health forums a little higher quality, please. I'd motion that the moderators lock the thing and be done with it.

2. Just because the mare is not showing signs of heat doesn't mean she's pregnant. It just means that she's not in heat any longer. Mares ovulate at the end of their cycle. You can't determine pregnancy until around day 10 with a willing mare and a good ultrasound. Day 14-16 is more common.

3. As stated, palomino, dun and "Appaloosa colors" don't biologically exist in purebred Arabians. They don't have the creme gene or dun factor or whatever genetic control dictates Applaloosa patterns. Even roan is questionable, as more and more of these previously named "roans" are actually sabino or rabicano. Sabino can cause extensive white markings, even to the point of 'maximum sabino' which can yield medicine-hat like markings. But they're a base color of bay/chestnut/black with an overlying sabino pattern. "Palomino" arabians are not palominos, but flaxen chestnuts. The creme gene responsible for palomino & buckskin does not exist in Arabians.

4. If you know for a fact that these colors are correct, you do not have a purebred.

Heehee, another silly point to ponder: since when do vets make non-emergency calls on Easter weekend? You are quite full of it, little girl. And since I'm 60 years old, and have been breeding purebred Arabians for 30 of those years, I'm qualified to say so!

Heehee, another silly point to ponder: since when do vets make non-emergency calls on Easter weekend? You are quite full of it, little girl. And since I'm 60 years old, and have been breeding purebred Arabians for 30 of those years, I'm qualified to say so!

I call BS on the entire post. I don't believe it's a purebred Arab (impossible to be with those colors mentioned), i don't believe it's 'confirmed' pregnant (medical impossibility the day after breeding), i don't believe a vet would make a routine visit out on Easter weekend to test a mare who'd been bred ONCE, and i dont' believe you are 37.

A 37 yr old who has sleep overs for "the girls" at the barn...and posts about it? that's something teenagers do. Your lack of knowledge (for a "breeder") and your every word and phrase and reply screams teen. We aren't picking on you because you're a kid, we're pointing out that we don't like being misled.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

I call BS on the entire post. I don't believe it's a purebred Arab (impossible to be with those colors mentioned), i don't believe it's 'confirmed' pregnant (medical impossibility the day after breeding), i don't believe a vet would make a routine visit out on Easter weekend to test a mare who'd been bred ONCE, and i dont' believe you are 37.

A 37 yr old who has sleep overs for "the girls" at the barn...and posts about it? that's something teenagers do. Your lack of knowledge (for a "breeder") and your every word and phrase and reply screams teen. We aren't picking on you because you're a kid, we're pointing out that we don't like being misled.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

quote:

Originally posted by Legendsmum:

Being IM 37yrs old do I sound this young in some of my post???Honest answers please???hehe!!

Oh and school is back in tomrrow!!!
[Yay]

You got close to it, but we all have our days. [Razz]

I must say, somehow by mistake, I got into the OP's photobucket account. She has many pictures of different horses there including one of the local studs from my neck of the woods, Kingfisher Doc Bandit. She has many pictures of horses that I highly doubt are hers in there and I'd go as far to say that the horse pictured in this post is not her either.

[ 04-08-2007, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Felda5032 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Legendsmum:

Being IM 37yrs old do I sound this young in some of my post???Honest answers please???hehe!!

Oh and school is back in tomrrow!!!
[Yay]

You got close to it, but we all have our days. [Razz]

I must say, somehow by mistake, I got into the OP's photobucket account. She has many pictures of different horses there including one of the local studs from my neck of the woods, Kingfisher Doc Bandit. She has many pictures of horses that I highly doubt are hers in there and I'd go as far to say that the horse pictured in this post is not her either.

[ 04-08-2007, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Felda5032 ]

quote:

Originally posted by T.he H.orse L.over:

quote:

Originally posted by RixKatToy:

I think it's clear the kids have been out of school for Easter break.

Maybe they are, but I bet you are one of them.

Kats far from being a kid. [ROTFL][Crazy]

quote:

Originally posted by T.he H.orse L.over:

quote:

Originally posted by RixKatToy:

I think it's clear the kids have been out of school for Easter break.

Maybe they are, but I bet you are one of them.

Kats far from being a kid. [ROTFL][Crazy]

[/qb]Yes, a appaloosa is a colour breed. Like my Cousin has a QH gelding named ladd, and hes appaloosa colour.

QB]

Obviously not a REGISTERED or PURE QH, since they do not come in "Appaloosa Colour".

Here is the link to the Quarter Horse Association in case you would care to educate yourself.

[Wink]

www.AQHA.com

[/qb]Yes, a appaloosa is a colour breed. Like my Cousin has a QH gelding named ladd, and hes appaloosa colour.

QB]

Obviously not a REGISTERED or PURE QH, since they do not come in "Appaloosa Colour".

Here is the link to the Quarter Horse Association in case you would care to educate yourself.

[Wink]

www.AQHA.com

quote:

Originally posted by AQHARednecks:

[/qb]

Yes, a appaloosa is a colour breed. Like my Cousin has a QH gelding named ladd, and hes appaloosa colour.

QB]

[Wink]

www.AQHA.com

Yeah, i was going to mention that but decided to let someone else do the honors this time.

[Wink]

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

quote:

Originally posted by AQHARednecks:

[/qb]

Yes, a appaloosa is a colour breed. Like my Cousin has a QH gelding named ladd, and hes appaloosa colour.

QB]

[Wink]

www.AQHA.com

Yeah, i was going to mention that but decided to let someone else do the honors this time.

[Wink]

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

Mentioned that right after OP posted about the "Appalossa QH" but it seems that the OP dropped off the face of the earth and has realized the jig is up and she has been completely busted.

I am sorry but isn't this kind of story telling supposed to be on the "role playing" forum?

I for one am glad school is back in session but they will be out shortly for summer break. Oh no, 3 months of trolls.

Mentioned that right after OP posted about the "Appalossa QH" but it seems that the OP dropped off the face of the earth and has realized the jig is up and she has been completely busted.

I am sorry but isn't this kind of story telling supposed to be on the "role playing" forum?

I for one am glad school is back in session but they will be out shortly for summer break. Oh no, 3 months of trolls.

Hah. Stumbled across this post doing a search for something else. So, ignore the trolling BS about breeding the mare...

About some of the other items talked about, the old adage of "time will tell" has certainly come true.

The horse market is in the toilet, hay prices have gone through the roof and horses are indeed being abandoned, I swear there's a new story about it somewhere in the U.S. at least once a month.

So yep, it was true back then and it's true now.