Magnum Girl

Bad Leg Injury!

WOW! [Eek!]

I just saw this for the first time! And I've just got done reading all 11 pages of this!

I have never seen a wound that large before! Thanks for sharing this, and posting pictures of his progress... it was a great learning process!

I have to say that I will be checking in regularly to see how it finally all heals up.

Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers and praying for a complete recovery. Keeping you and your friend in my thoughts too! You guys are doing a tremendous job!

[Angel][Angel][Angel][Angel][Huggy]

[ 03-18-2008, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: ChaunceyBlue ]

WOW! [Eek!]

I just saw this for the first time! And I've just got done reading all 11 pages of this!

I have never seen a wound that large before! Thanks for sharing this, and posting pictures of his progress... it was a great learning process!

I have to say that I will be checking in regularly to see how it finally all heals up.

Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers and praying for a complete recovery. Keeping you and your friend in my thoughts too! You guys are doing a tremendous job!

[Angel][Angel][Angel][Angel][Huggy]

[ 03-18-2008, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: ChaunceyBlue ]

so sorry for U`r horse, but I have a question to ask.. When & if he heals up will he be ride able?

I put $2,500.00 into keeping my first foal alive, so let ur heart do what u have to.. [Angel][Angel]

so sorry for U`r horse, but I have a question to ask.. When & if he heals up will he be ride able?

I put $2,500.00 into keeping my first foal alive, so let ur heart do what u have to.. [Angel][Angel]

When I first saw his wound, I thought how will he ever survive that??

Then I saw these photos of him out to play and he sure seems happy.

Do you think he will ever be ridden again? Is that out of the question?

When I first saw his wound, I thought how will he ever survive that??

Then I saw these photos of him out to play and he sure seems happy.

Do you think he will ever be ridden again? Is that out of the question?

Sorry guys, I'll have no real news to update until I get back to town on Sunday...

We're pretty positive that once this heals up we will be able to put him back to work. He was a tad lame there at the begining, but hasn't been since the muscle healed up. He rips and tears around the pens with Magnum, and has full range of motion in the leg. He's a bit stiff and sore in it and has lost some of the muscling that he had, but we'll start him back real slow and just see how he does. We've tossed around the idea of just popping on bareback and walking him around, but decided to put that off for a while more.

[smiley Wavey] lets keep this bumped up, I'm horrible about going to look for it when I have an update, lol. [Embarrassed]

Sorry guys, I'll have no real news to update until I get back to town on Sunday...

We're pretty positive that once this heals up we will be able to put him back to work. He was a tad lame there at the begining, but hasn't been since the muscle healed up. He rips and tears around the pens with Magnum, and has full range of motion in the leg. He's a bit stiff and sore in it and has lost some of the muscling that he had, but we'll start him back real slow and just see how he does. We've tossed around the idea of just popping on bareback and walking him around, but decided to put that off for a while more.

[smiley Wavey] lets keep this bumped up, I'm horrible about going to look for it when I have an update, lol. [Embarrassed]

Well, we're on day 48! He's taking everything like a champ. We're still treating it daily with Underwoods and after being gone for a week and not seeing it, I finally saw the improvement that all of you guys were talking about. The grafted skin is completely dead now, it's curling in at the edges, way gross. I'm thinking we should have the vet out, have him sedate Gabe, numb the area and remove that whole section... the sooner it gets removed, the sooner it can begin healing is my thinking. Brittany wants to wait and see if it'll start falling off or get to the point where we can pick it off. We don't know. Other than that, he goes out and plays and just has a grand old time!

Pictures from today...

-

-

-

-

Well, we're on day 48! He's taking everything like a champ. We're still treating it daily with Underwoods and after being gone for a week and not seeing it, I finally saw the improvement that all of you guys were talking about. The grafted skin is completely dead now, it's curling in at the edges, way gross. I'm thinking we should have the vet out, have him sedate Gabe, numb the area and remove that whole section... the sooner it gets removed, the sooner it can begin healing is my thinking. Brittany wants to wait and see if it'll start falling off or get to the point where we can pick it off. We don't know. Other than that, he goes out and plays and just has a grand old time!

Pictures from today...

-

-

-

-

He looks excellent !! So nice. You have him on some form of vitamin E (I get keloids-cannot spell)right ??? I always give my animals vitamin E for healing.

He looks excellent !! So nice. You have him on some form of vitamin E (I get keloids-cannot spell)right ??? I always give my animals vitamin E for healing.

wow!! that looks absolutely amazing!! you are doing a wonderful job with him, and i hope you can get back to working him soon. I cant wait to see what it looks like when its healed up.

wow!! that looks absolutely amazing!! you are doing a wonderful job with him, and i hope you can get back to working him soon. I cant wait to see what it looks like when its healed up.

Wow, big improvement! I agree with you about the vet and the grafted skin....I wouldn't wait just in case it gets infected and then you have a set back. Poor Gabe! Ya'll are doing so good with him though....it's healing so fast!

Wow, big improvement! I agree with you about the vet and the grafted skin....I wouldn't wait just in case it gets infected and then you have a set back. Poor Gabe! Ya'll are doing so good with him though....it's healing so fast!

Wow, I've been following this all along and it is looking so much better! Kudos to you and everyone involved in this guy's healing process! [big Grin]

Wow, I've been following this all along and it is looking so much better! Kudos to you and everyone involved in this guy's healing process! [big Grin]

I am so happy to see he is healing up so nice. I can see where the hair has grown back in and it is a little darker then the rest of the hair, but he is doing so well. I can't wait to see when he is healed up. [smile]

I am so happy to see he is healing up so nice. I can see where the hair has grown back in and it is a little darker then the rest of the hair, but he is doing so well. I can't wait to see when he is healed up. [smile]