Magnum Girl

Bad Leg Injury!

Amazing job of healing. You've done an amazing job of caring for this horse. Congratulations!!

I'm in agreement with Cheri here. If you can find a massage person close to you, have this person come in and show you how to massage the edges etc. You need to start breaking up the scar tissue so that it can be absorbed by the system. Loosen it up, so the skin and tissues get some elasticity back into them. It will take months of daily massage sessions to do that, but the horse will be much better off in the long run.

Again, great job of the horse. [Not Worthy]

Mudder's on the right track here I think. Massage would be a great tool to help you get some of that scar tissue gone. And if you can get the MT to show you how you can do most of it yourself.

Just a note about starting scar tissue massage. For the first, maybe second, week it won't be daily. Massage can wear a horse out and their bodies need some recouperating time and time to get used to the process. It might be three times a week for those first couple and then to daily massage. It's pretty easy to do that localized work and won't take too much time either.

I'd be happy to answer any massage questions if you have them later on.

Beautiful nursing job. The amount of healing shows how dedicated you were. Congrats on your success to this point.

Wow. I just saw this post. I read every page. Just outstanding. I never would have thought a wound that bad would heal the way it is. You have truly done a great job and through your documentation can certainly help people who find themselves in a similar situation. I'm not sure I would have believed a vet if they had told me it'll take a while but it'll heal. And, not only will it heal but, it'll look like a simple laceration scar. I'm so happy for you and your horse pretty soon you can start really riding Or? Congratulations on a job well done.

WOW Looks great. I was jsut wondering about your horse last night and here it is. You have done a great job. [Not Worthy]

So, Someone mentioned this horse on the Confo board, and just curious to see how he's doing.

Any new updates?

[smiley Wavey]