Magnum Girl

Bad Leg Injury!

As horrible as it was that this happened, it is a great learning opportunity. I'm sending [Angel][Angel] to you, the owner and the horse. Thank you for keeping us updated. Look at it on the bright side (if there is one)--you don't have to worry about flies this time of year.

I look forward to seeing the progress he makes! Good luck! [smiley Wavey]

As horrible as it was that this happened, it is a great learning opportunity. I'm sending [Angel][Angel] to you, the owner and the horse. Thank you for keeping us updated. Look at it on the bright side (if there is one)--you don't have to worry about flies this time of year.

I look forward to seeing the progress he makes! Good luck! [smiley Wavey]

Wow, as a pre-vet student I find that an amazing thing to get to see, especially since it seems he has missed mot of the vessels/ Hope he heals well and you have many adventures left together. Only advice is to follow your vets advice, he/she is the one with 8+ years of training and alot of OTC counter, while they may work, in no way compare to prescription drugs. Its like substituting tylenol for vallium. My fav voer the counter is derma gel, its a gel or spray that you apply, keeps infection down and the wound moist.

Wow, as a pre-vet student I find that an amazing thing to get to see, especially since it seems he has missed mot of the vessels/ Hope he heals well and you have many adventures left together. Only advice is to follow your vets advice, he/she is the one with 8+ years of training and alot of OTC counter, while they may work, in no way compare to prescription drugs. Its like substituting tylenol for vallium. My fav voer the counter is derma gel, its a gel or spray that you apply, keeps infection down and the wound moist.

Wow it really does look better already. The equiade stuff works well-both my husband and horse are on it. Great job of being the caregiver !! Sending good healing thoughts your way.

Wow it really does look better already. The equiade stuff works well-both my husband and horse are on it. Great job of being the caregiver !! Sending good healing thoughts your way.

Sending both horses good energy. Thank you for the video. I am amazed/appalled at the depth of the wound but seeing him move is very encouraging. Horse's healing powers never cease to amaze me. [Angel]

Sending both horses good energy. Thank you for the video. I am amazed/appalled at the depth of the wound but seeing him move is very encouraging. Horse's healing powers never cease to amaze me. [Angel]

Im also a underwoods fan... well sort of.

if I remember correctly, I think there is acetone in that product definately something you wouldnt want on this particular case.

Acetone -

Alternative Names:

Dimethyl formaldehyde; Dimethyl ketone; Fingernail polish remover

Poisonous Ingredient:

Acetone; Dimethyl formaldehyde; Dimethyl ketone

Where Found:

Some cleaning agents

Some lacquers

Fingernail polish remover

Rubber cement

Some glues

also Underwoods doesnt want you to clean the wound.. may not be a good idea here.

I agree with B-Roo here. I think its best in this case to follow doctor's orders and NOT risk it with OTC stuff....

please dont take offense. I know you all like Underwoods, but, we are not vets, not owners, or even there to see the wound in person.

this type of wound actually isnt that bad.. see this: http://www.clintonvetsvc.com/gallery_arritt.htm

it can heal up nice with good care.

Im also a underwoods fan... well sort of.

if I remember correctly, I think there is acetone in that product definately something you wouldnt want on this particular case.

Acetone -

Alternative Names:

Dimethyl formaldehyde; Dimethyl ketone; Fingernail polish remover

Poisonous Ingredient:

Acetone; Dimethyl formaldehyde; Dimethyl ketone

Where Found:

Some cleaning agents

Some lacquers

Fingernail polish remover

Rubber cement

Some glues

also Underwoods doesnt want you to clean the wound.. may not be a good idea here.

I agree with B-Roo here. I think its best in this case to follow doctor's orders and NOT risk it with OTC stuff....

please dont take offense. I know you all like Underwoods, but, we are not vets, not owners, or even there to see the wound in person.

this type of wound actually isnt that bad.. see this: http://www.clintonvetsvc.com/gallery_arritt.htm

it can heal up nice with good care.

That is the worst open wound I have ever seen. How in the world a gate did that is beyond me.

Magnum, glad you are there for this horse and your friend!!!! [Huggy]

[Angel][Angel][Angel]

That is the worst open wound I have ever seen. How in the world a gate did that is beyond me.

Magnum, glad you are there for this horse and your friend!!!! [Huggy]

[Angel][Angel][Angel]

Whoo boy, that is one big wound. What are the general reactions when people see it for the first time?

Whoo boy, that is one big wound. What are the general reactions when people see it for the first time?

Does it stink? I would'nt have any problem doctoring a wound like that but if it stinks, I'll gag. Possibly puke.

Does it stink? I would'nt have any problem doctoring a wound like that but if it stinks, I'll gag. Possibly puke.