Sign in to follow this  
palominopaintlover

fish in water tub?

I've been trying to get a picture of mine since this thread started but every time I go out with the camera he dives to the bottom of the tank and hides in the shade.

I've been trying to get a picture of mine since this thread started but every time I go out with the camera he dives to the bottom of the tank and hides in the shade.

So let me get everything straight I can go out and buy 3 goldfish and put them in our 75 gallon tank and everything will be ok? Nothing will bother or hurt the horses?

So let me get everything straight I can go out and buy 3 goldfish and put them in our 75 gallon tank and everything will be ok? Nothing will bother or hurt the horses?

yes you will be just fine!! so will your horsies..

Mine have drank the water down to gone as well.. kinda of anoys me when I get there and there is half an inch of water and poor fishies just layingon their sides.. but add water, and man you wouldnt know.. then you can watch them fight the current.. I think they enjoy it personaly!! I dont baby mine either so I think youc an remove the flame suit!

yes you will be just fine!! so will your horsies..

Mine have drank the water down to gone as well.. kinda of anoys me when I get there and there is half an inch of water and poor fishies just layingon their sides.. but add water, and man you wouldnt know.. then you can watch them fight the current.. I think they enjoy it personaly!! I dont baby mine either so I think youc an remove the flame suit!

I really don't understand why so many people are so concerned about fish poo in the tank. Also, algae and other things.

Horses since the beginning of time have drunk out of lakes, rivers, ponds (small and large) and never have problems. How do you think the wild horses survive??????

Get over yourselves people. The horses gut actually prefers 'natural' water as opposed to 'city' water that's been chlorinated.

I really don't understand why so many people are so concerned about fish poo in the tank. Also, algae and other things.

Horses since the beginning of time have drunk out of lakes, rivers, ponds (small and large) and never have problems. How do you think the wild horses survive??????

Get over yourselves people. The horses gut actually prefers 'natural' water as opposed to 'city' water that's been chlorinated.

Very true partners lady... Mine have three sources of water. A bucket in the barn, a water tub with fishies added about two weeks ago, and a dirty pond. Guess which one they perfer! The clayish looking water from the pond, though it could be they like taking a dip too [Roll Eyes] . My paint drives me nuts with water and dirt!

Very true partners lady... Mine have three sources of water. A bucket in the barn, a water tub with fishies added about two weeks ago, and a dirty pond. Guess which one they perfer! The clayish looking water from the pond, though it could be they like taking a dip too [Roll Eyes] . My paint drives me nuts with water and dirt!

All this talk about fishies in tanks, I went and bought 12, .15 cent gold fishes, Sunday.

Well, so far, 7 are left. Each day, I have to do a floater count. I have one favorite that I'm rooting for, but I'm trying not to get attached.

I've been letting the water over flow too, and I was sooooo scared that I'd see fishies going for the last fun slide ride, but so far, nobody goes too near where the water comes out, and if they do, they're never in any danger of being swept away.

Now I have something to watch when I'm topping off 200 gallon tanks of water every day. [Jump]

All this talk about fishies in tanks, I went and bought 12, .15 cent gold fishes, Sunday.

Well, so far, 7 are left. Each day, I have to do a floater count. I have one favorite that I'm rooting for, but I'm trying not to get attached.

I've been letting the water over flow too, and I was sooooo scared that I'd see fishies going for the last fun slide ride, but so far, nobody goes too near where the water comes out, and if they do, they're never in any danger of being swept away.

Now I have something to watch when I'm topping off 200 gallon tanks of water every day. [Jump]

Also, those on city water - check for fluoride. Do your research. There are studies that show it's bad for horses.

Also, those on city water - check for fluoride. Do your research. There are studies that show it's bad for horses.

quote:

Originally posted by palominopaintlover:

Very true partners lady... Mine have three sources of water. A bucket in the barn, a water tub with fishies added about two weeks ago, and a dirty pond. Guess which one they perfer! The clayish looking water from the pond, though it could be they like taking a dip too
[Roll Eyes]
. My paint drives me nuts with water and dirt!

I have a muck bucket full of water in their portable pasture (IE the fence I move around the yard so they can mow the lawn for me) and they will go hours and hours without drinking out of it. They will shove it with their heads and stomp the ground but not drink out of it. As soon as they are back in the barn yard they drink from the fish tank. So I started taking a half bucket of water from the fish tank out and adding it to the muck bucket every day and now they drink out of the muck bucket too.

[Duh]

quote:

Originally posted by palominopaintlover:

Very true partners lady... Mine have three sources of water. A bucket in the barn, a water tub with fishies added about two weeks ago, and a dirty pond. Guess which one they perfer! The clayish looking water from the pond, though it could be they like taking a dip too
[Roll Eyes]
. My paint drives me nuts with water and dirt!

I have a muck bucket full of water in their portable pasture (IE the fence I move around the yard so they can mow the lawn for me) and they will go hours and hours without drinking out of it. They will shove it with their heads and stomp the ground but not drink out of it. As soon as they are back in the barn yard they drink from the fish tank. So I started taking a half bucket of water from the fish tank out and adding it to the muck bucket every day and now they drink out of the muck bucket too.

[Duh]

I once tried putting fish in my stock tank, they all died a slow death.

-

Tommy loves to play in the water, I'd come home to dead and dying fish around the tank.

-

Tommy loves to play in the water, I'd come home to dead and dying fish around the tank.

quote:

Originally posted by draftiemama:

-

[ROTFL][ROTFL]

But that looks like SOOOO much fun!

quote:

Originally posted by draftiemama:

-

[ROTFL][ROTFL]

But that looks like SOOOO much fun!

I love the photo... LOL You can put a taller tank for the fishies if you have one.. then he can have his play tank and his drink tank.. I found a kiddy pool works great... doesnt last too horribly long.. but at 5 buck i am not too worried.. the last one mets its fate after daniel sort of sat on the edge and then rolled it.. hes getting better.. he got mad when i didnt replace it immidiatly..now he is taking his time..

I love the photo... LOL You can put a taller tank for the fishies if you have one.. then he can have his play tank and his drink tank.. I found a kiddy pool works great... doesnt last too horribly long.. but at 5 buck i am not too worried.. the last one mets its fate after daniel sort of sat on the edge and then rolled it.. hes getting better.. he got mad when i didnt replace it immidiatly..now he is taking his time..

quote:

Originally posted by kitten-kat:

I found a kiddy pool works great... doesnt last too horribly long.. but at 5 buck i am not too worried.. the last one mets its fate after daniel sort of sat on the edge and then rolled it.. hes getting better.. he got mad when i didnt replace it immidiatly..now he is taking his time..

I've been thinking about getting a kiddie pool for my mini horses. I think my gelding would love it.

quote:

Originally posted by kitten-kat:

I found a kiddy pool works great... doesnt last too horribly long.. but at 5 buck i am not too worried.. the last one mets its fate after daniel sort of sat on the edge and then rolled it.. hes getting better.. he got mad when i didnt replace it immidiatly..now he is taking his time..

I've been thinking about getting a kiddie pool for my mini horses. I think my gelding would love it.

wouldn't you have to put someting in the water to keep the fish from dieing, or do you just put reg hose pipe water in there? (me and dad are havin a debate)

wouldn't you have to put someting in the water to keep the fish from dieing, or do you just put reg hose pipe water in there? (me and dad are havin a debate)